The Casting Couch is all about lights, cameras, and action!
Casting Directors Robert Chamberlain-Bell and Rowlene Friedlander have specialised industry skills that complement each other. This dynamic duo brings a wealth of experience to The Casting Couch, having worked with both local and international directors, producers and blue chip clients. Robert has 20 years experience as an advertising television producer and Rowlene has both managed and directed casting agencies for over 35 years.
The role of casting directors is to facilitate the casting of actors, models and characters for television commercials, stills photography and multimedia content. This involves working jointly with the director and producer in order to get the very best performance from the artists so that their auditions are presented to clients in a professional manner to ensure the clients make the best selection.
The Casting Couch doesn’t simply hold auditions or drop you in the deep end. Rowlene and Robert will prepare you for the camera by researching the role that you are auditioning for, offer advice on wardrobe and hair and assist you with the delivery of the performance that the director and client will require.
Win 1 of 20 video showreels worth R2,500 each with #TheCastingCouchHasTalent @castingcouchsa
The Casting Couch is giving away 20 video showreels worth R2,500 each that you can submit for your next audition, job interview, or use to promote yourself online. It’s your personal video showreel to do with as you wish!
The details are:
- The Casting Couch will be hosting a casting day in Johannesburg on Saturday, 14 October, 2017.
- You will have 10 minutes to present yourself to the camera – either a monologue or a performance.
- Robert Chamberlain-Bell and Rowlene Friedlander will direct your performance and assist you in giving a performance that will surprise even your closest family members.
- Your video footage will be professionally edited and forwarded to you via WeTransfer within two weeks.
It’s that simple – and you’re under no obligation to sign any contracts or join the agency.
- If you would like to win one of the video showreels for yourself, simply share this post onto Facebook / Twitter with the hashtags #TheCastingCouchHasTalent @castingcouchsa and follow The Casting Couch on Facebook and Twitter – or tell us below why you want to win a video showreel for yourself. The winner will be randomly selected from submissions below and also from our Facebook & Twitter followers.
Entries close on Monday, 2 October 2017 at 5PM.
The 20 winners will be selected by an online random generator.
Winners will be announced by Tuesday, 3 October 2017 before 5PM.
The winners will be announced on JoziStyle.joburg and informed by email.
The prize is not transferable for cash.
Winners agree to allowing their finished videos being shared on the www.thecastingcouch.co.za website and social media platforms.
- This not a talent search competition but a social media activation.
- Winners are selected for sharing the competition and not because they have a talent or a “look”.