Featuring over 50 speakers including Alan Knott Craig Jr, Digital Advertising Mavens John Montgomery and Quentin George, pioneering muso Okmalumkoolkat, Mark Kaigwa and more
Social Media Week (SMW) Johannesburg makes its anticipated debut in the heart of Braamfontein from 22 September to 26 September. Registration for this trailblazing tech savvy conference is now open.
Positioned as the fertile ground for capturing and sharing ideas, trends and best practices on the impact of social media on business, society and culture, it’s known to bring together thought leaders and mavericks for a week-long gathering.
Joburg runs with this blueprint with an exciting theme: The Future of Now: Always On; Always Connected, which will be dissected in the form of panel discussions; virtual hangouts; master-classes, keynote presentations, hackathons, film screenings and more.
Over the course of five days, varied speakers will engage audiences on different topics sparking new ideas and relaying ways in which the Internet and specifically social media can enhance their professional and personal experience and that of their immediate communities.
Here are some highlights from the schedule of events:
· Digital Entrepreneur Alan Knott Craig Jr. will be presenting a keynote address on the importance of providing broadband access to wider communities on opening day.
· Google will host a series of master classes on best uses of its technologies for business
· Lee Naik, Managing Director, Technology Strategy, Accenture will present a keynote on emerging digital technologies in transforming service delivery for governments and business.
· Dr. Sindi van Zyl, known to involve her Twitter followers in pertinent health issues will talk on naviagting the communication landscape of social media and healthcare
· John Montgomery, COO of GroupM and previous Founder of Mindshare SA will be traveling from New York to offer a future-thinking keynote presentation on the Internet of Things
· Head of Broadband for the City of Joburg, Zolani Matebese will address the City’s focus on technology-driven service delivery and the City of Joburg’s broadband initiatives
· Levi’s®will reveal results from a new research study on youth perspectives on success, followed by a youth panel on Tuesday, 23 September. This will preceed its inagural Pioneer Nation festival on Thursday, 24 September
· London-based trend firm trendwatching.com will host a morning session of multi-format events highlighting key global, pan-African and local consumer trends.
All main events will take place across Braamfontein and Milpark including the Wits Theatre, Wits Amphitheatre, Jozi Hub and more. There will also be a number of independent events taking place throughout the city from Melville to Bryanston.
SMW is an official partner of the inaugural Fak’ugesi Digital Africa Festival (August 11- September 27) – which curates numerous stand-alone conferences, exhibitions, workshops, short courses and other activities that promote the fusion of creative and technical development of digital culture in Africa.
Social Media Week Johannesburg attracts a core market of movers and shakers in digital, advertising, marketing, business, technology, entertainment, media and education. Many events during the week are free of charge, however there are pass options available for unlimited access for a day or the entire week. For more information on pass options, visit socialmediaweek.org/johannesburg.
Want to win a free ticket to Social Media Week Johannesburg (Valued at R750)? Enter here:
Free tickets to Social Media Week Johannesburg at ChamberlainBell.com.