In March 2018, RADA launched the RADA Inspire campaign with the aim of shifting perspective across various social issues and creating a level of self-awareness among people. It has been an eye-opening and challenging task, one that couldn’t have been achieved without the coming together and unity of the RADA family, which is why for the month of June, we want to honour and encourage people to celebrate and reach out to their family.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/XLhUIc96eIs” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>
The campaign itself is based on the premise that one person can make a difference. All it takes is to do one small thing differently daily and by improving, you raise your resonance, creating a ripple effect of positive change. And we’d love to hear your #RADAInspire Moment and ask if you’d be able to share this initiative and get fellow South Africans to share their moments too!
This June, RADA wants to encourage people to recognise the value of family and reach out to loved ones, despite past grievances. To understand that the only way to create empathy among people in the world, is to start with those closest to you and empower others to do the same. Over the course of family month, RADA will engage in the planning, conceptualisation and building of a new home for Disebo, who runs the Thato KeMatla Orphanage in Orange Farm and is an integral part of the RADA family.
Here are some tips to share for Family Month – that if you look at them, take the smallest of moments to do:
- Spend time with loved ones
- Say ‘thank you’ to family when they do something for you and encourage a culture of gratitude
- Start your day with a ‘Good Morning’ message or funny text, reminding loved ones that you are there
- Say ‘I love you’
- Listen to loved ones when they talk
- Give hugs
- When in conversation, talk positive about your family, building them up instead of breaking them down
- Be tolerant and forgiving
- Be respectful to others and their feelings
- Spread positivity