Annie Sloan is delighted to announce that two new colours will join the Chalk Paint™ Decorative Paint range by Annie Sloan in May in Southern Africa. The inspiration for these exciting colours has been take from around Europe:
Amsterdam Green: a strong, deep green, inspired by painted shutters and doors in Amsterdam and throughout Europe. It works particularly well with whites and creams.
Honfleur: named after a harbour town in Normandy and inspired by rich, warm browns found in rustic French countryside and mid-20th century design. It works well with bright colours.
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ is available exclusively from Annie Sloan stockists – who are located throughout Southern Africa and are priced from: Chalk Paint™ 1 Litre Tin R250.00 and Chalk Paint™ 100ml Tester R55.00.
The Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ Decorative Paint range is now proudly manufactured in South Africa and comprises over 30 decorative and historic colours, which combine well to provide an even larger colour palette, making it easy to find just the right shade. Annie Sloan’s paint offers a simple way to transform furniture, walls and floors and absolutely anyone can achieve great results – from the novice to the experienced Upcycler.
The properties of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ are as follows:
· it can be used all over the house and garden – Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ adheres to numerous surfaces including: wood, concrete, metal, brass, plastic, glass, brick, stone, terracotta and even fabric
· it can be used without preparation – due to its strong, adhesion qualities and dense consistency, no priming or sanding is necessary – no removing of previous paint, varnish or wax is required – you can paint straight over nearly all existing surfaces provided they are sound and clean.
· it dries quickly – with a beautiful velvety matt finish
· it produces extensive coverage – the highly concentrated formula covers approximately 13 sq. metres per litre, equivalent to a small chest of drawers and one coat is usually sufficient
· it allows you to create your own colours – no mixing is required before use, but you can easily mix two or more Chalk Paint™ colours to create your own shade
· it allows you to achieve paint effects simply – ie dilute Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ with water to make a wash to feature a wood grain; create a distressed look with fine sandpaper or add Annie Sloan Dark Wax to change the depth of colour.
· brushes wash out easily – simply with water
· it is durable – and works well with Clear Annie Sloan Wax to seal furniture, walls and floors, or other painting projects around the house and garden
· it has eco credentials – Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ is water-based and non-toxic. It is lead free, EG free and virtually odour free. It is naturally low in VOCs with each can containing 12g/L — all making it ideal for those who are sensitive to traditional paints.