We can’t wait for the eighth Taste of Joburg at Montecasino next week, and we can’t wait to share the experience with you because the kind folks at Taste of Joburg have given us 20 tickets to share with you!
Want to go? Tell us why you want to go to Taste of Joburg so much!
Another parade of the palates converges as Pick n Pay Taste of Joburg reveals its restaurants for 2014
With exactly a month to go before the doors of the 2014 Pick n Pay Taste of Joburg open, the all-important restaurant list has been revealed.
Ranging from Italian, Asian and Indian-inspired cuisine, the restaurant list encompasses the best of what is on offer at restaurants across Gauteng.
“It’s always a delicate balance selecting our restaurants,” says Festival Director, Justine Drake, “We need to ensure we not only appeal to the dynamic Joburg palate, but also that our restaurants reflect what is on trend and relevant right now, and we’re delighted with this year’s offering.”
The 11 restaurants for the Pick n Pay Taste of Joburg 2014 are:
· The Blackanese Sushi Bar is overseen by Founder and Executive Chef, Vusi Kunene, who will deliver dashing flavours of African-flavoured Japanese sushi.
· Le Sel @ The Cradle is led by Chef Patron Coco Reinharz who will be serving dishes with a unique Afro-fusion culinary style, combined with classic French cuisines with the most opulent of African flavours.
· Beluga’s Executive Chef Nici Bruchhausen will be showcasing a fresh contemporary menu with an Asian flair, ranging from dim sum and seafood to world class signature dishes.
· Chef Patron Dino Fagas returns to Taste of Joburg in 2014 with Prosopa’s extensive Mediterranean menu influenced by the flavours of Greece, Portugal and Spain.
· Executive Chef, Jithender Datt Saklani heads up Spiceburg restaurant, the first South Indian restaurant in Johannesburg serving both authentic southern and northern Indian dishes.
· Gwefey redefined Asian Cuisine and Head Chef Xiang Hongliang will offer traditional dishes from Beijing to Shanghai and Thailand to Tokyo, creating a virtual feast across the Asian continent
· Led by new Executive Chef Adriaan Maree, Roots@Forum Homini will serve their, contemporary and modern cuisine with a South African twist. Only the freshest and natural ingredients at this exquisite restaurant in the Cradle of Humankind..
· The menu from Executive Chef Vonique van Zyl and Senior Sous Chef Jacques Venter from Vivace At The Radisson Blu, Sandton promises to deliver a sleek, modern dining experience with a contemporary Italian menu with African overtones.
· Licorish Bistro is an Afro-Asian fusion bistro led by Chef- Patron Jacques Fourie, while The Green Peppercorn Bistro offers authentic Lao and Thai cuisine inspired by the streets and markets of Laos and Thailand.
· The team at 2 Thai 4 overseen by Chef Oya promise a menu of authentic Thai cuisine using fresh herbs and traditional spices all prepared by Thai chefs.
· That’s Amore Chef Shaughan Lacey will transport visitors to a little slice of Italy with the restaurant’s traditional menu.
“The announcement of the restaurants always signals that things are kicking into high and we look forward to our visitors working their way through the show with a glass or two of wine and a plate of the best delicacies the city has to offer. It’s going to be fabulous!” concludes Drake.
· For more information and bookings visit www.tasteofjoburg.com.
· Pre-booked festival tickets are priced from R80 and include a tasting glass.
Thursday 25th September: 18:30 – 22:30
Friday 26th September: 18:30 – 22:30
Saturday 27th September: 13h00- 17h00; 18h30- 22h30
Sunday 28th September: 12h00- 17h00