Michelin restaurant Chef Wandi Mabaso hosting an exclusive dinner in Johannesburg for 20 guests #byWandilesInvitation #DineJoziStyle
Chef Wandi Mabaso will be hosting an exclusive dinner in Johannesburg for 20 guests on the 11, February, 2017, where he will demonstrate some of his skills, speak about his influences and his passion for fresh ingredients.
Chef Wandi cooks at the 2 Star Michelin restaurant, Le Meurice, under chef Alain Ducasse in Paris. Chef Wandi is a brilliant artist and is looking to return to South Africa in 2018 to start his own restaurant. Dinner will consist of 40% ingredients imported from Europe and Asia.
Chef Wandi will be in South Africa in conjunction with the Jhb Pastry & Culinary School and supported by Grey Goose.
Chef Wandi Mabaso 7 Course Dinner Preview
- Braised oxtail roulade. Dried beef powder in coriander seeds. Smoked corn puree. Corn tuille. Grilled baby corn. Corn sprouts. Balsamic aubergine. Baby beetroot in black cardamom & honey vinegar. Oxtail jus.
- Norwegian salmon cooked sous vide. Lemon grass & mint herbal broth. Calamata olive tapenade. Hydrated salmon skin. Lemon confit. Caramelized baby onion. Asparagus. Grilled baby leeks. Mangetout. English peas. Morel mushrooms stuffed with a puree of mushroom de paris.
- Foie gras torchon coated in a passion fruit gelee’. Strawberry & rhubarb chutney. Duck breast glazed with five spice gastric. Duck jus. Leg of duck confit in garam masala. French kiss (dried fig rehydrated in champagne and stuffed with foie gras butter. Crispy duck skin.
- Broiled lobster. Linguini. Swiss chard. Prawn. Grilled calamari. Lime confit. Thai lobster jus. Osetra caviar.
- Rack of lamb. Artichoke. Mint couli. Zucchini & basil puree. Caramelized spring onion. Crelery. Apricot. Safron couscous. Coriander infused lamb jus.
- Assortment of 4 different imported french cheese with fruit marmalades. Burgundy black truffles. Normandy butter. Spanish olive oil. Olive bread.
- Dessert course will be collaboration with the Johannesburg culinary and pastry school.
Read Chef Wandile Mabaso Bio.
When: 11 February, 18:30 for 19:00
Where; JHB Culinary & Pastry School, 244 Main Rd, Maboneng
Secure your seats on www.addabit.com.